Monday 30 August 2010

David Eskenazy Rocks

I've just come back from the most rockingest week long vocal improv workshop in the south of France with David Eskenazy. All I want to do now is sing.

He's got a teaching style that is both artistic and practical, free and rigorous, which pushes you to your edge then lets you fly. And as a musician, vocally and instrumentally, he rocks out.

I'm going to study with him for a year.  I've cleared ten hours a week in my diary. I want to clear more.

Be warned though, his advanced workshops are not a space to get comfortable with vocal improv, they're a place for those already comfortable with it to really stretch themselves. If you're interested and just getting comfortable with public improv, go for the intermediate and beginners levels.

I'm going to help him organise some workshops in London. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment