Sunday 17 July 2011

Sauna songs

I've just come home from the wonderful Buddhafield festival.

I'd like to go back next year armed with songs and singing to share. I didn't this year because I didn't think about it or prepare.

Firstly, Sauna songs. I was a bit stumped by this.

Sauna songs should be easy to learn and easy to build upon. Good to have high and low energy songs up your sleeve.

First thoughts:

In that sweet by and by
Hold on just a little bit longer
Great mother / from singing in the wild

in the morning

Good morning grandmother

the best bit of all was when someone started a beat, people picked it up and added to it, the light mysteriously went out, people started to tone, tones turned into harmonies, harmonies into yodels, yodels into musical yells, claps into stamps, the whole thing went WILD - fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment